Bhutan Travel Tips: Things to pack
- Druk and Bhutan airlines have a baggage limit of 30 kgs for economy class and 40 kgs for business class passengers. Only one hand baggage is allowed whose total dimensions should not exceed 100 cm ( l+b+h ), and weight not to exceed 5 kgs.
- An infant under 2 years of age and does not have a seat is not eligible for any baggage allowance
- During summer days wear light and loose clothes, the evenings would require a sweater or a jacket.
- During winters you would need warm clothes. There is a temperature drop of about 10 degrees from the morning to the evening.
- Dressing should be casual and conservative in Bhutan. Women should avoid sleeveless, tight or short garments. Dresses above knee are inappropriate for both men and women.
- When it comes to shoes, do wear comfortable ones which would help you walk long distances. Those who would like to go hiking or trekking are advised to carry a pair of boots.
- Advised to carry sunscreen, sunglasses, lip balm, electronic chargers for camera, phone, ipad, extra camera memory cards.
- Electrical converter and outlet adapters are available in all hotels in Bhutan. Electrical voltage available here in Bhutan is 220 volt.
Featured Image Credits: Steve Evans